Happy, but...

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Doug Sewell
A: Exim Users
Asunto: Happy, but...
First, I'm *really* pleased with Exim 1.59 - I'm running it on my
primary multi-user system. It dropped in as a complete replacement for
sendmail 8.6.13+IDA without any hassles (other than mistakes I made in
configuring) at all.

In fact, that's why I chose exim over qmail - that my users didn't have
to change anything - and since I was going to have to re-do my configs
anyway to upgrade my mailer, replacing sendmail with exim seemed "the
thing to do".

I've found two problems when I tried to implement exim on another
host, however:

(1) If an alias expansion from a file has a comma in the comment - ie

joe@??? (Doakes, Joe)
ejaufman@??? (Edwin L. Jaufman, Jr)

Exim complains and holds the list distribution up. Exim also complains
in -bt because of these.

Given that these are user-provided, I'm not sure I can count on my
users to remove the commas.

(2) A bigger problem was majordomo. Not only did commas in the names
provided by subscribers cause exim to burp, but when I tried to do a
test mailing to a majordomo process I got this:

news$
/usr/local/lib/exim/exim -f doug@??? majordomo
Subject: help
From: doug@???

help
<ctl-d>
news$
1997-01-28 10:33:41 0vpFXI-00063E-00 Neither the system_aliases director no
r the address_pipe transport set a uid for local delivery of |/export/home/major
dom/wrapper majordomo

What did I miss ? What do I do ? The "wrapper" program that the majordomo
aliases run is setuid to set up the proper permissions for majordomo to
run, so that's not a problem.

Thanks in advance, Doug
--
Doug Sewell (doug@???) (http://cc.ysu.edu/~doug/)
E-mail advertisers: put me on your "don't call, don't e-mail" list.

You are your own worst critic. Strive for excellence, not perfection.