Re: Problem with comments in alias file

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: m.hampson
A: Philip Hazel
Cc: Joe Metzger, exim-users
Asunto: Re: Problem with comments in alias file
> An example dist file(/var/smartlist/t1/dist) is:
>
>    t1-digests@???
>    (Only addresses below this line can be automatically removed)
>    bit2@???

> The comment line starting "(Only addr..." causes problems with exim.
> This appears to be a valid RFC822 comment.

I think I am seeing a general problem related to this. Once in a while
some joker manages to subscribe to one of my majordomo lists with an
invalid address.

Latest example was @cableol.co.uk

Exim fails to deliver the message to anybody - giving the error as

997-01-25 05:31:11 chemical-outgoing@???: system_aliases director
deferred: <chemical-outgoing@???> - error in alias file: colon expected
after route in "@cableol.co.uk"
*** Frozen ***

This is not good - especially as I did'nt spot it for a few days.

Can we have exim ignore errors in the aliases file(s) (as an option), while
still logging the fact that there was an error.

Martyn
   | Martyn Hampson          |    Tel:    0171 594 6973                 |
   | Imperial College        |    Fax:    0171 594 6958                 |
   | Computer Centre         |    E-Mail: M.Hampson@???            |
   | London SW7 2BP, ENGLAND |    "Don't just do something, sit there!" |