Re: delay_warning

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Alan Barrett
A: liaison
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: delay_warning
> As some of the EMail recipients I relay for infrequently dial-up,
> their mail can be held in the queue for some time (especially over
> holidays etc). I think it's important that the sender knows that the
> mail has not been received so I set a fairly low value on
> delay_warning.

I, on the other hand, don't ever want mail addressed to me to result in
delay notifications being sent out. This should really be adjustable
per-destination.

[idea for new configuration variables]
>     (1) delay_warning_initial    t1
>     (2) delay_warning_max        t2
>     (3) delay_warning_increment    t3
>     (4) delay_warning_total        t4

Hmm. I wonder if some extra syntax could be added to the retry rules
to say when to send delay warnings?

example.org    *           F,4h,5m; N; G,16h,30m,1.5; N; FN3,10d,8h

When mail to example.org encounters a temporary failure, retry every 5
minutes for 4 hours; then send a delay notification; then retry with
exponentially increasing delays, starting from a 30 minute delay and
increasing the delay by a factor of 1.5 every time, until a total of 16
hours has elapsed from when the message arrived; then send another delay
notification; then retry every 8 hours until a total of 10 days has
elapsed since the message arrived, and send a delay notification after
every third such retry attempt; finally, after the 10 days has elapsed,
bounce the message.

--apb (Alan Barrett)