delay_warning

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: liaison
A: exim-users
Asunto: delay_warning
Hi,

Suggestion for the wish list?

As some of the EMail recipients I relay for infrequently dial-up,
their mail can be held in the queue for some time (especially over
holidays etc). I think it's important that the sender knows that the
mail has not been received so I set a fairly low value on
delay_warning.

The problem is that this is inflexible and causes a large number of
warnings to be sent to the sender. I would like to be able to
specify:

    (1) delay_warning_initial    t1
    (2) delay_warning_max        t2
    (3) delay_warning_increment    t3
    (4) delay_warning_total        t4

The first warning message n is sent with delay d=t1. 0<=n<=t4. t4
is intended as a safety mechanism.

Subsequent warning messages are sent with delay d=t(n-1)+t3 until
t(n)>=t2 and the message times-out, t4 is reached or is delivered.

For instance:

    delay_warning_initial=4h
    delay_warning_max=72h
    delay_warning_increment=8h
    delay_warning_total=6

Causes warnings to be sent with relative delays 4h, 12h, 20h, 28h,
36h, 42h ... 72h

Perhaps some form of non-linear scheme would be more suitable?

Does this approach sound (at all) sensible?

Thanks,

---
Dave Haywood.
liaison@???