Re: Headers

Author: Robert Black
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: Headers
On Dec 5, 5:00am, Michelle Dick wrote:
> Subject: Re: Headers
> Piete wrote:
> > > The problem in this case is that SmartList does add some Resent-
> > > headers, but not a Resent-To: header. Bad for mailing lists since
> > > then all the recipients get listed in everybody's email.
> >
> > You could alweays use a group list ....
>
> Actually, there is one very big advantage to using the choplist
> feature of Smartlist (i.e. calling sendmail directly, feeding it
> addressees on the command line). There is absolutely no way anyone
> can send mail to the list addressees without going through Smartlist
> (and its filters, optional moderation, etc). This is because the
> distribution list is nowhere linked to a mail alias. Just as Philip
> fights spam email globally, I fight to keep it off my mailing
> list. :-)

Another way of doing this is to have two versions of exim running. One is a
'normal' one which deals with incoming mail and normal outgoing mail but the
list software outputs to a second version with its own configuration. Only the
second mailer needs to have access to the list aliases. All incoming SMTP
connections go to the primary MTA.

Cheers

Rob Black