Re: eximon

Author: Jawaid Bazyar
To: m.hampson
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: eximon

On Mon, 25 Nov 1996 m.hampson@??? wrote:

> Have you any development plan for eximon in mind?
>
> On a busy mail switch its scrolling most of the time
> in the log window and my whole X server freezes up when
> it updates the queue area.
>
> As it stands on a busy system, its difficult to see the wood
> from the trees. Can we start a discussion as to how this management
> tool can be enhenced.

There are some things I'd like to do to it; namely make it use an X toolkit
I wrote, which would speed up the displays tremendously. However, two
problems: 1) my toolkit is in C++ which means it's fairly non-portable, and
2) I haven't had time to work on the toolkit in about a year. However, it
would be a fairly simple matter to write the appropriate widgets in C
that would speed up the eximon displays significantly.

--
 Jawaid Bazyar              |   Affordable WWW & Internet Solutions
 Interlink Advertising Svcs |   for Small Business