Re: 0.56 and perl location

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Nigel Metheringham
A: Philip Hazel
Cc: Neal Becker, exim-users
Asunto: Re: 0.56 and perl location
} On Thu, 12 Sep 1996, Neal Becker wrote:
}
} > I see exigrep is broken for me, because it assumes perl is /bin/perl.
}
} Gosh. I really did think that one was pretty standard. Oh well, failed
} again...
}
} > For me it's /usr/local/bin/perl.

The official statement from Larry Wall is the the canonical place is
/usr/bin/perl - and if I remember rightly the install process tries
to add /usr/bin/perl as a link if you install elsewhere.

} >
} > Can we autoconfigure this? Or at least, default to /usr/local/bin, as
} > that is a better choice for a default.
}
} Not on our Solaris systems it ain't. We don't have /usr/local at all,
} and perl is in /opt/gnu/bin/perl, but there's a link from /bin/perl.

Isn't /bin & /usr/bin the same thing on Solaris - hence /usr/bin/perl

Either autoconfigure or make it configurable.

} Next you'll be telling me that your shell isn't in /bin/sh... :-))

On most Sun boxes it isn't - /bin tends to be a link to /usr/bin

    Nigel.
--
[ Nigel.Metheringham@???   - Unix Applications Engineer ]
[ *Views expressed here are personal and not supported by PLAnet* ]