著者: Chris Thompson
To: Nick Waterman
CC: exim-users
題目: Re: sendmail -bi
Nick Waterman writes:

> For the moment I've replaced the line in the makefile with
>
>         /usr/lib/sendmail.pre-exim -bi .....

> Which is my wisely-kept copy of "ye olde sendemayle".

Don't forget to remove public execute access, or at least the suid bit,
from the copy: you really don't want your users obeying it!

But keeping a copy is highly desirable for another reason: you will need
to temporarily reinstate it to apply some Sun fixes painlessly. At least
Sun no longer bundle /usr/lib/sendmail changes into the jumbo kernel
fix (I kid you not, that used to happen), but I recently had to do this
to apply a Sun fix that updated /bin/vacation, inter alia, as well as
/usr/lib/sendmail.

Chris Thompson               Cambridge University Computing Service,
Email: cet1@???    New Museums Site, Cambridge CB2 3QG,
Phone: +44 1223 334715       United Kingdom.