Re: Exim now managing its own list!

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Piete Brooks
A: Chris Thompson
Cc: m.hampson, exim-users
Asunto: Re: Exim now managing its own list!
> Apart from various workstations & other small systems, the following systems
> run by the Cambridge University Computing Service are now running Exim:

"Cambridge University Computing Service" is part of the
"University of Cambridge Computer Laboratory", but the "Teaching and Research"
part (cl.cam.ac.uk) is separate, so I can add:

  cl.cam.ac.uk  (from PP, before exim saw the outside world)  Computer Science
    [c. 500 users, Main MTA, backup MTA and testing MTA, plus 150 machine
     which have exim stubs as sendmail replacements which send all email to
     the main MTAs]. The "Computer Science" department of the University.
    Some heavy duty (over 500 messages / day) email users who expect a lot
    of their mail system. Exim was thrust into service while still at Alpha
    stage, as I believe that service user is the only way to really test code.
    (I know of no problems which actually impacted on the users)
    PP was excellent as a protocol conversion hub, but exim knocks spots off
    it for speed, facilities (that I want) and ease of maintenance.

> Of course, this rapid conversion to Exim is entirely on its merits, and
> nothing to do do with the fact that we can browbeat Philip Hazel into adding
> all the features we want...

... and the fact that I heard about it before it hit the streets, so was able
to influence some of the basic design features ... :-)