Large RCPT list.

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: m.hampson
A: Philip Hazel
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Large RCPT list.

Another idea I have had about messages going to a large number of people
that may be more easy to implement.

How about having the smtp timers back off. So when EXIM first processes the
message the SMTP timeouts are only 30 sec (say) - so it can wiz through the
rcpt list quickly timing out problem hosts. The next time it processes the
message the timeout could be a minute - on the 3rd attempt it uses 5 minutes
and continues to use that value. (of course the time thing would have to
be parameterised - but there is already a syntax for such a thing in the
config file)

Martyn

PS - Have a good holiday!

   | Martyn Hampson          |    Tel:    0171 594 6973                 |
   | Imperial College        |    Fax:    0171 594 6958                 |
   | Computer Centre         |    E-Mail: M.Hampson@???            |
   | London SW7 2BP, ENGLAND |    "Don't just do something, sit there!" |