Re: Large RCPT list.

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: m.hampson
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: Large RCPT list.
On Thu, 1 Aug 1996 m.hampson@??? wrote:

> How about having the smtp timers back off. So when EXIM first processes the
> message the SMTP timeouts are only 30 sec (say) - so it can wiz through the
> rcpt list quickly timing out problem hosts. The next time it processes the
> message the timeout could be a minute - on the 3rd attempt it uses 5 minutes
> and continues to use that value. (of course the time thing would have to
> be parameterised - but there is already a syntax for such a thing in the
> config file)

This has already been suggested, though 1000x30 seconds is still 500
minutes. Also, I don't think there is a way to control the DNS lookup
timeouts, is there? These are quite common.

I've noted the idea. I don't think there's any point in being elaborate
and having a scale of timeouts. If anything is done it should just be a
short one on the first try, IMO.