Re: Exim 0.54

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Neal Becker
Cc: exim-users
Temas nuevos: Very strange log entries!, relay, sender_net_accept_relay
Asunto: Re: Exim 0.54
On Fri, 26 Jul 1996, Neal Becker wrote:

> A little more clarification?
>
> "only if the host does not match..." means the sender host?

Yes.

> How do "sender_host_accept_relay" and friends default? Are relays from
> within the 'local_domains' accepted by default?

They all default unset, and in that case, anyone can relay through your
machine to anywhere.

The concept of "relays from within local_domains" is not well defined,
since local_domains are those domains handled on your machine, so mail
generated from them isn't really "relayed" - it originates on your
system.

Relay_domains are those domains *to* which you are prepared to relay from
any host.

The rule for allowing relaying to any address is "the sender host is in
an accept list or there are no accept lists, and it is not in a reject
list".

The idea is that you set relay_domains to those domains for which you
want to be the relay (if they MX through you or whatever), and you set
sender_*_accept_relay to those hosts/networks nearby you from whom you
are happy to accept messages for relaying on to anywhere on the Net.

> "...if either of them is set." What if neither is set?

If neither is set, no check is made.

> Thanks. (I'm not trying to be a pest, I just want to be sure I don't
> make a big mistake).

No problem. If you are really worried, build a testing version of Exim
and try it out on that first.

Has that helped?