著者: James R Grinter
To: Philip Hazel, Ian Kluft
CC: exim-users
題目: Re: Exim 0.50
On Thu 23 May, 1996, Philip Hazel <ph10@???> wrote:
>... which (IMHO) caused confusion! I came in at Smail 3, but even so got
>a bit confused when Smail 2 got mentioned on the net. I think Smail 3
>has spread wider than Smail 2, so (again IMHO) there is much more scope
>for confusion this time.

Using the name Smail would be a seriously bad move. Smail is known
to most as the mailer Linux users have, 'that can't do MX
delivery'. It can, of course, but one of the really popular
distributions didn't set it up right. That, rightly or wrongly,
has given Smail a bad reputation and predjudices stick around.

>Yes, but I'm seeing new interest, particularly here in the UK where
>people want to move away from PP.

'that big mailer which really gobbles memory and kills your machine' ;-)

-- jrg.