著者: Philip Hazel
To: Ian Kluft
CC: exim-users
題目: Re: Exim 0.50
On Thu, 23 May 1996, Ian Kluft wrote:

> If things keep going the way they look like they have (with no activity in
> the smail development lists because everyone went to Exim) then I think it
> may be time before you go beta to nominate Exim to be Smail 4.

I deliberately didn't want to use the same name, in order to avoid
confusion.

> After all, none of the previous major releases of Smail had any significant
> relation to each other either.

... which (IMHO) caused confusion! I came in at Smail 3, but even so got
a bit confused when Smail 2 got mentioned on the net. I think Smail 3
has spread wider than Smail 2, so (again IMHO) there is much more scope
for confusion this time.

> At least in this case there is a big overlap in the participants.

Yes, but I'm seeing new interest, particularly here in the UK where
people want to move away from PP.