著者: John Henders
To: Philip Hazel
CC: exim-users
題目: Re: Exim 0.50
You, Philip Hazel write:

> Exim version 0.50 is now available:

Great, except now I feel bad for forgetting to mention a few minor
glitches in .43 in the linux section. I forgot because of the major
gliitches I ran into. ;-)

One. Eximon still looks in X11R5. Most linux distributions probably have
X11R6 by now. Is there not a defacto practice to have whatever the
currently in use version of X11 also be symlinked, ie /usr/X11
->/usr/X11R6, or is that just some systems?

Two. The linux Makefile wants to link libndbm. Do some people out there
really have seperate libndbm or is it a symlink to libgdbm. My legacy
linux system (one year old debian install) has an aout libnnnnnnndbm,
but I haven't seen an ELF one.

Both are totally minor but might add confusion when exim goes to public
beta and people with even less of a clue than me try to install it.

--
      Artificial Intelligence stands no chance against Natural Stupidity.