Re: [Exim] smtp auth with exim as client

Author: Jonas Meurer
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] smtp auth with exim as client
On 11/06/2003 Andreas J Mueller wrote:
> From the previous mail I see that you use "*.t-online.de", which will
> match only subdomains of t-online.de. If you want to match only
> t-online.de, either use "t-online.de" or "*t-online.de" in your
> route_list, but the latter will also match domains like
> "post-online.de".

ok, now i have:
remote_smtp:
driver = smtp
authenticate_hosts = mail.example.com

and:
relayed:
        driver = domainlist
        transport = remote_smtp
        route_list = t-online.de mail.example.com bydns_a

and it works fine (server does not accept cram_md5, what whould be the
securest way, right?). how can i do smtp stuff over ssl if possible? or
is this per default?

when i change "t-online.de" to "t-online.de:lists.sourceforge.net", it
doesn't work any longer. why? the syntax is right, or not?

bye
mejo

--
Efficiency and progess is ours one more