Re: [Exim] smtp auth with exim as client

Author: Andreas J Mueller
To: Jonas Meurer
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] smtp auth with exim as client
Hi Jonas!

> 2003-06-11 19:19:03 19Q9FX-00022F-00 <= jonas@??? H=jonas.local.net [192.168.3.12] P=esmtp S=861
> id=20030611172407.GL11765@???
> 2003-06-11 19:19:03 19Q9FX-00022F-00 ** test@??? R=lookuphost T=remote_smtp: retry time not reached for any host after a long
> failure period

> it first tries to send it directly, fails, creates error mail, and then
> sends it over smtp relay. do I understand it right?

Not quite. As you can see from the "R=lookuphost" item, this mail is
not processed by your relayed router, and therefore not routed to
mail.example.com.

From the previous mail I see that you use "*.t-online.de", which will
match only subdomains of t-online.de. If you want to match only
t-online.de, either use "t-online.de" or "*t-online.de" in your
route_list, but the latter will also match domains like
"post-online.de".

Andy

--
Andreas J. Mueller                            email: <andy@???>