Re: [EXIM] need filter advice

Author: Vadim Vygonets
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [EXIM] need filter advice
Quoth Bob Billson on Sun, Feb 28, 1999:
> I need to use the 'To:' and 'Cc:' headers. The SMTP "RCPT" header is
> always the same (paper) since this is the user fetchmail runs as when it
> grabs the mail from the ISPs' servers.

Oh, ok. Then, paper may have a filter (not an exim filter, but
procmail or perl script) which will pass the "To:" and "Cc:"
headers and send the message to the recepients. Some of the
recepients will then have exim filters which will send copies of
the message to publisher.

The reason for paper not to have an exim filter is that, as far
as I know, exim filter can't do "foreach i in header_To
header_Cc". Anyway, using headers to decide to which addresses
to deliver the message is a little dirty.

Vadik.

--
Do not meddle in the affairs of troff, for it is subtle and quick
to anger.