Re: [EXIM] need filter advice

Author: Vadim Vygonets
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [EXIM] need filter advice
Quoth Bob Billson on Sun, Feb 28, 1999:
> Basically, what I need to do: user 'paper' runs fetchmail. 'paper' sorts
> mail for users 'editor', 'press', 'pete', 'uucp', etc. and put it in their
> mailboxes. Any mail to 'editor' or 'press' should also have a copy sent
> to user 'publisher'. Some of the mail to 'sales' (filtering on Subject:)
> also goes to 'publisher'. No mail to 'pete' or 'uucp' gets copied. All
> mail to an unknown user should go to 'postmaster' not be bounced.

I would make paper send mail to the primary recepients (editor,
press, pete, and all), and then making exim filter files for
those users which would send copies of the mail to publisher.
The alias file for domain may allow "*" (unknown local part),
which would be aliased to postmaster.

On the other hand, making one filter file to sort all the mail
would be fine, too. But I need more info to give you this
advise: how do you know to whom the mail is addressed? Do you
use the "To:" and "Cc:" headers, or is it the SMTP "RCPT"
recepient address?

Vadik.

--
The ill-formed Orange