[EXIM] Logging & Scanning email

Author: vandeveb
To: exim-users
Subject: [EXIM] Logging & Scanning email
I am looking at some different mail programs in order to fulfill a project
that I am working on. I have started reading the Exim docs, but would like
to know if this is possible before I invest too much time.

First, I need to be able to log all incoming/outgoing mails into a SQL database.
I will need to break up the message into different fields ( To, From, Subject,
Body, etc. ) in order to make it easily searchable. I can, and have already
implemented a little perl code to separate a text message and put it in the
database. But I need to know if I can get Exim to execute this code on each
message.

Searching through your archives, I saw a few similar questions, but the answers
seemed to imply that parsing the mail through a perl script, would somehow
alter the message itself. This isn't really acceptable do to the fact that
Exim might still need to forward this message to our current mail server.

Next, I need to be able to parse certain messages for certain keywords or
phrases. If any of those keywords were found, the mail would need rerouting
to a different address.

Do you guys think Exim is suited to these tasks, or do I need to go commercial?

TIA,
Bill Van Devender