[exim] Re: [postmaster@hazenmanagement.ca: Undeliverable: Cl…

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Thomas Krichel
To: Jeremy Harris
CC: exim-users
Betreff: [exim] Re: [postmaster@hazenmanagement.ca: Undeliverable: Cleandry]
Jeremy Harris via Exim-users writes

> And thus, a traditional and useful feature of email handling has been broken.

What is useful can be abused.

I run email newsletters for donkey's years. I have subscribers who
leave institution A and set a forward to their account at institution
B. They ought to signoff from the A account and sign on with the B
account. But they are lazy.

Later, one leaves institution B and the email to B bounces. Forward
at A still works. Sod's law has institution B runs some Microsoft
crap. I get a delivery failure without any indication of the
forwarder's address. I can't figure out who the original subscriber
is. Unless, I remove a random subscriber every mail and wait until
one email to the list is no longer bouncing from B. Or I send off
the email very slowly and check the logs. With 6000 subscribers,
either approach seems a masochist's idea of fun.

--
Written by Thomas Krichel http://openlib.org/home/krichel on his 21517th day.