[exim] Re: [postmaster@hazenmanagement.ca: Undeliverable: Cl…

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Thomas Krichel
To: Jeremy Harris
CC: exim-users
Betreff: [exim] Re: [postmaster@hazenmanagement.ca: Undeliverable: Cleandry]
Jeremy Harris via Exim-users writes

> You mailed person A. A has their mails configured, at the MX for A,
> to be forwarded to B. You don't have control over that configuration;
> it is entirely A's choice. He wanted it to be done.
>
> But you have configured your system, probably in "SPF" terms, you
> say "any messages claiming to be from me *must* be be sent by *my* system.
> Any messages being sent by any other system are invalid, and should be rejected."
>
> The message is being sent onwards by A's MX to B's MX. it is being sent by
> A's MX, as far as B's MX is concerned.
>
> B's MX implements SPF, and does what you claim you wanted. It rejects the
> message, since the message did not arrive at that host directly from your MX.
>

> And thus, a traditional and useful feature of email handling has been broken.

You are touching on something I always wanted to know about but was
to shy to ask. I run the mailbox repec@??? on my server. This
is an email address that has been around for donkey's years and thus
gets a lot of spam. I don't have an imap server for the readers of
this email so I forward it to their external addresses. I understand
that this breaks the SPF from the sending domain, and puts my server
at the risk of being noted as an SPF breaker.

I have been wondering if there an exim filter or configuration
snippet that could, say for a set email-to address repec@???,
first spam filter, if not spam, take the from: field, make this the
reply-to, replace the original from field with say
forward@??? and then remail to a couple of addresses.

--
Written by Thomas Krichel http://openlib.org/home/krichel on his 21516th day.