著者: graeme vetterlein
To: exim-users
題目: [exim] locking et al.
Hi all,

I get my mail via *fetchmail*(1), which then invokes some convoluted
rules in *maildrop*(1) ... eventually maildrop usually passed the mail
to *sendmail*(1) (AKA *exim4*) *or writes it into a mailbox.*

*
*

Now, to some extent, I'm in a simplified position as maildrop runs
sequentially , so either writes to a mailbox OR invokes sendmail which
writes to a mailbox.

But it occurs to me I'm rather "living on the edge" here I have multiple
cronjobs an I guess with a single edit I could end up with multiple
writers. So I guess I need to ensure maildrop and exim4 share a single
view of locking .

BTW this came to my attention while debugging a maildrop setup I noted
it using flock(2) I also note it can use dot-lock files. Now fetchmail,
maildrop, exmim4, procmail etc all work together in many combinations ,
so I'm sure this is a "solved problem" but I can't see any explicit
references to it anywhere.

--

Graeme