[exim] Re: Replacing wildlsearch with query-style lookups?

トップ ページ
このメッセージを削除
このメッセージに返信
著者: Evgeniy Berdnikov
To: exim-users
題目: [exim] Re: Replacing wildlsearch with query-style lookups?
On Thu, Jan 25, 2024 at 09:45:38AM +0100, Niels Kobschätzki via Exim-users wrote:
> > Evgeniy Berdnikov via Exim-users <exim-users@???> hat am 25.01.2024 09:09 CET geschrieben:
> >
> > The first question should be raised is "Why you want to use SQL database?"
> > May be to speed up lookups. It implies some technology, namely indexing.
> > But indexing has its own limitations, and is almost incompatible with
> > regex-like lookups. So you have to look for some algorithmic combinations
> > of different lookup types, to achieve speedup and limit complexity of code.
>
> There are several reasons:
> 1) multiple servers and I have to keep the files in sync (yes, shared storage but I want to omit this)

You may use rsync (with local file storage on each MTA host)
if you don't want to run shared storages.

> 2) There is another backend-application which can easily access the database but not the files and there are informations in that database that is useful for other users.

Does this application work with e-mail addresses? If yes, does it
run the same regex-like lookups as MTA does?
--
Eugene Berdnikov