[exim] Re: Replacing wildlsearch with query-style lookups?

トップ ページ
このメッセージを削除
このメッセージに返信
著者: Evgeniy Berdnikov
To: exim-users
題目: [exim] Re: Replacing wildlsearch with query-style lookups?
On Thu, Jan 25, 2024 at 08:36:04AM +0100, Niels Kobschätzki via Exim-users wrote:
> The only solution so far I come up with that I can put singular
> senders and domains in tables and have multiple ACLs and routers.
> And then have an extra file for those cases where I need a regexp
> but then someone who needs to debug things, needs to look into
> several places (even though I could for example add some info into
> the log-messages, so that the debugging person has a better clue
> where to look).

That's right approach, in common.

The first question should be raised is "Why you want to use SQL database?"
May be to speed up lookups. It implies some technology, namely indexing.
But indexing has its own limitations, and is almost incompatible with
regex-like lookups. So you have to look for some algorithmic combinations
of different lookup types, to achieve speedup and limit complexity of code.
--
Eugene Berdnikov