[exim] Re: How can I force redelivery of saved message?

Top Pagina
Auteur: Slavko
Aan: exim-users
Onderwerp: [exim] Re: How can I force redelivery of saved message?
Dňa 14. januára 2024 19:16:17 UTC používateľ Jeremy Harris via Exim-users <exim-users@???> napísal:
>On 1/14/24 18:30, Ken via Exim-users wrote:
>> Once in a while a legitimate sender manages to send an important message that really, really looks like spam, so it gets saved (for a little while) in /var/spool/sa-exim/SApermreject/new. I can adjust the filters so that sender's messages will pass in the future. Sometimes, it would be really convenient to be able to get exim to re-try delivery of that saved message after the filters have been adjusted. My search-fu seems to be weak today; I have not found a description of how to do this yet. Any suggestions? (exim4 4.96 running on Debian 12.4)

I have similar concept of "quarantine" or "spam archive", where
are mails stored by exim's appendfile transport (separate files,
not maildir). From time to time i need resend message (~ once
per year), and then i simple send it via nonTCP SMTP with little
modification.

The little modification of message is needed to switch it to SMTP
form, for that i have all needed info in it (as for MAIL FROM and
RCPT TO), and add DATA, final dot & QUIT commands, but as it
is really rare, i do not care and i do it manually.

If it will happen more often, one can store them bsmtp form
directly (but i never tried)... IIRC, the message has then extra

regards

--
Slavko
https://www.slavino.sk/