[exim] Re: SMTP smuggling and Exim

Top Pagina
Auteur: Klaus Ethgen
Aan: exim-users
Onderwerp: [exim] Re: SMTP smuggling and Exim
Hi,

Am Fr den 22. Dez 2023 um 11:37 schrieb Bjoern Franke via Exim-users:
> I didn't see anything in the archives regarding this:
>
> https://sec-consult.com/blog/detail/smtp-smuggling-spoofing-e-mails-worldwide/
>
> exim is not mentioned, so it's not affected?

Well, there are two things why exim is not "affected".

1. This is a normal behaviour of a MTA. Accepting multiple mails in
incoming connection is common. However, in exim you can prevent that
by only accepting one mail per connection.

2. It is the job of an MTA preventing a normal mail to escape to the
command level. So if the sending MTA allows that, it is an error in
that MTA, not in the receiving one.

Regards
   Klaus
--