[exim] Re: Issues with Remote host closed connection in resp…

Góra strony
Autor: Niels Dettenbach
Dla: 'Mailing List'
CC: Lars Schimmer
Temat: [exim] Re: Issues with Remote host closed connection in response to pipelined end of data
Am Montag, 6. November 2023, 14:01:12 CET schrieb Lars Schimmer via Exim-
users:
> Hi
>
> I am using exim4 on debian version 4.96-15+deb12u2.
> I forward mails to a remote SMTP which runs through a VPN.

hmm,
a "SMTP timeout setting" is very probably not the source nor solution.

The target host did not respond to the running SMTP connection anymore while
in a email transfer.

To me it seems the target host got the full email until the end but the
completion signal is not reaching your sending SMTP / MTA - so he count it as
a temporary error and send again after 30 minutes (depending from your EXIM
retry settings).

I remember google mail as such a candidate...

Try disabling pipelining to that host...

hth,

niels.

--
---