[exim] Re: Routing based on *recipient* IP address

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Kirill Miazine
A: exim-users
Asunto: [exim] Re: Routing based on *recipient* IP address
• Gandalf Corvotempesta [2023-10-27 09:44]:
> Il giorno ven 27 ott 2023 alle ore 09:30 Kirill Miazine via Exim-users
> <exim-users@???> ha scritto:
>> Have you considered using the dnslists ACL condition and set an
>> appropriate ACL message variable to check in a router? There's an
>> example at the end of section 30 for how to query dnslists for multiple
>> explicit keys at the same time:
>>
>> https://www.exim.org/exim-html-current/doc/html/spec_html/ch-access_control_lists.html#SECTmulkeyfor
>
> I can't use dnslist ACL because I don't have the *remote* ip address
> to use as key to search for
> I have to use a dnsdb lookup first and, as i have to call the lookup
> anyway, i think it's easier to call
> it directly inside the router with a condition, just to keep
> everything in a single place, or not ?

You'd have to do MX lookup, yes (as the example in the docs show), but
then dnslists would do the matching for you. I'd say it's easier to use
an existing matching facility, rather than re-implementing it (and risk
some edge cases). OTOH, the ACL would set the variable on a per-message
basis, and routing condition will be on a per-recipient basis, so router
with condition is likely best if you want to do this in Exim.

> Also, to use a custom dnslist i have to start a rbldnsd (or similar) server

countries.nerd.dk used to be such a list... The benefit of such dns
lists is that they could be used from multiple hosts, without a need to
have a local copy of files around.

>> The countries.nerd.dk zone contains two-letter ISO 3166 country-code
>> subdomains you can use to determine whether an IP is from that
>> particular country.
>
> It doens't work. NXDOMAIN

Yeah, it seems to be gone.