[exim] Re: Debian - dynamic local_domains?

Author: Slavko
To: exim-users
Subject: [exim] Re: Debian - dynamic local_domains?
Dňa 24. júna 2023 19:40:10 UTC používateľ Ray O'Donnell via Exim-users <exim-users@???> napísal:

>(i) Putting this in /etc/exim4/update-exim4.conf.conf:
>
>dc_other_hostnames=${lookup pgsql{select domain_name from domains }}

I afraid, that script which generate final config file is not prepared
to got anything other than simple list here

>(ii) Setting MAIN_LOCAL_DOMAINS in /etc/exim4/conf.d/main/000_localmacros, which contains various local settings:
>
>MAIN_LOCAL_MACROS = ${lookup pgsql{select domain_name from domains }}

That is better, right file, wrong macro ;-)

In that file set your lookup in MAIN_LOCAL_DOMAINS or
MAIN_RELAY_TO_DOMAINS macro -- select which one is proper for you.

I am not familiar with pgsql lookup, thus i will not guess proper syntax
of it, but you miss some condition in it. Take look on implicit/explicit
lookup forms in docs. I use MAIN_RELAY_TO_DOMAINS (as my exim
relays these domains to LMTP) macro for that, but that doesn't matter.
I use different lookup type in it:

    MAIN_RELAY_TO_DOMAINS = dsearch;/path/...

regards

--
Slavko
https://www.slavino.sk/