[exim] Re: dmarc_history_file - incomplete data logged for s…

Author: Victor Ustugov
To: Mackenzie via Exim-users
Subject: [exim] Re: dmarc_history_file - incomplete data logged for spf and dkim
Mackenzie via Exim-users wrote on 07.06.2023 05:39:
> Hi therem

Hi

> Hoping someone can help me get to the bottom of this one. I'm in the process of configuring Exim to process inbound DMARC validation and hope to configure DMARC reporting using the Exim DMARC history file in combination with OpenDmarc.
>
> Exim is validating SPF/DKIM and DMARC as expected in inbound email (well as far as I can tell), however for some reason our DMARC history file isn't being populated with complete authentication results. Below is a example DMARC history log entry for message 1q6haa-00FZGj-13, as you can see Exim hasn't populated the SPF and DKIM authentication results:
>
> job 1q6haa-00FZGj-13
> reporter test.hostname.com.au
> received 1686099833
> ipaddr 209.85.210.41
> from gmail.com
> mfrom gmail.com
> spf 0
> dkim gmail.com 0
> pdomain gmail.com
> policy 15
> rua mailto:mailauth-reports@google.com
> pct 100
> adkim 114
> aspf 114
> p 110
> sp 113
> align_dkim 4
> align_spf 4
> action 2

What version of libopendmarc do you use?

The data above is not compatible with libopendmarc 1.4.x.

>From my understanding Exim's dmarc_history_file provides all data required to generate DMARC reports using OpenDmarc however the data logged by Exim in my example is not enough information for DMARC report generation, so I suspect the issue is within my Exim configuration although I'm at a complete loss to where this configuration is incomplete or inaccurate. What am I missing here? Please help!

What kind of problems did you encounter?

Are you getting any error messages when importing the contents of a
dmarc_history_file with opendmarc-import?

--
Best wishes Victor Ustugov
mailto:victor@corvax.kiev.ua