[exim-dev] SASL error message

Author: Peter Rindfuss
To: exim-dev
Subject: [exim-dev] SASL error message
Hi,

I use Debian 11 Exim 4.94.2 (exim4-daemon-heavy), which has Cyrus SASL
support compiled in. My configuration does not use any SASL features,
though. Since I installed some SASL components for reasons unrelated to
Exim, I see the following error messages in auth.log for every received
message:

... exim4: ldapdb_canonuser_plug_init() failed in
sasl_canonuser_add_plugin(): invalid parameter supplied
... exim4: _sasl_plugin_load failed on sasl_canonuser_init for plugin:
ldapdb

This causes no problems, but I still wonder why it happens. Exim, in my
opinion, should not try to initialize anything that is not used.

Peter