Re: [exim] Dynamic certificate paths

Author: Lance Lovette
To: exim users
Subject: Re: [exim] Dynamic certificate paths
> I'm not seeing why the default of the "uname" result... is not sufficient
in that case.

Long story short, changing uname to be something other than the container
name will cause ripple effects in other places.

My ultimate goal with setting 'primary_hostname' is to control the host
name exposed in the HELO for outgoing messages. My understanding is some
ESP reverse lookup the host name to assess reputation. Perhaps I can
achieve that goal by instead setting 'qualify_domain' and 'helo_data' in
the smtp transport? But alas, just using a macro will be easy enough :)

> The docs do show which options are expanded (and so, implicitly, which

ones are not).

That would be helpful. Can you point me to a reference? I did not find
anything in the "Specification of the Exim Mail Transfer Agent", Revision
4.96 (25 Jun 2022.)

Thanks!
Lance