Re: [exim] Configuring for non-encrypted MUA to localhost. …

Author: Jeremy Harris
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Configuring for non-encrypted MUA to localhost. TLS-on-connect, exim to smarthost.
On 31/03/2023 16:36, Peter via Exim-users wrote:
> submissions     465/tcp         ssmtp smtps urd # Submission over TLS [RFC8314]
>
> Should a line beginning smtps be added?  Eg.
> smtps 465/tcp  ...

Not needed. The "smtps" values for the exim smtp transport driver
is a keyword, not a reference looked up in /etc/services.

But I'm still thinking that the Debian configuration wizard for Exim
likely has a question on this, and you shouldn't be needing to
manually find the right place in their resulting set of configuration files.
This is my inference from the presence of that macros use pointed
out by Evgeniy.
--
Cheers,
Jeremy