Re: [exim] Configuring for non-encrypted MUA to localhost. …

Author: peter
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Configuring for non-encrypted MUA to localhost. TLS-on-connect, exim to smarthost.
From:    Heiko Schlittermann via Exim-users <exim-users@???>
Date:    Fri, 31 Mar 2023 16:09:10 +0200

> Try adding=20
>         protocol =3D smtps
> to your smtp transport.

> +---------------------------------------------+
> |protocol|Use: smtp|Type: string|Default: smtp|
> +---------------------------------------------+

I guess somewhere in /etc/exim4/. A rather large hierarchy. =8~/
Someone tell me the location more specifically please.

Found port and protocol here.
https://www.exim.org/exim-html-current/doc/html/spec_html/ch-the_smtp_transport.html
No reference to /etc/exim4 in the filesystem.

"Note that at least one Linux distribution has been seen failing to put
“smtps” in its “/etc/services” file, resulting is such
deferrals." motivated a look in Debian 11.

This is the only occurance of "smtps".
submissions     465/tcp         ssmtp smtps urd # Submission over TLS
[RFC8314]

Should a line beginning smtps be added? Eg.
smtps 465/tcp ...

Thx,                          ... P.