[exim] Hide IP address of authenticated users

Author: Yves Goergen
To: exim-users
Subject: [exim] Hide IP address of authenticated users
Hello,

I'd like to hide the IP address of authenticated users sending their
messages over my SMTP server. The address always appears in the
"Received" header and remains there for the final recipient.

A web search has only led to this information:

https://serverfault.com/questions/1035035/remove-ip-and-username-from-exim-mail-headers

I couldn't find any information about the suggested solution. That
all-caps name is mentioned in very long Debian package listings, but I
couldn't find any documentation. The name also doesn't appear in Exim's
source code (according to GitHub search).

Is there some explanation about this? Does it work? What does it do?
Should I create the mentioned file if I don't have it yet?

-Yves