Re: [exim] New install EXIM + Dovecot - auth permission erro…

Author: Odhiambo Washington
To: Slavko
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] New install EXIM + Dovecot - auth permission error
On Wed, Feb 1, 2023 at 7:12 PM Slavko via Exim-users <exim-users@???>
wrote:

> Dňa 1. februára 2023 13:39:26 UTC používateľ nb via Exim-users <
> exim-users@???> napísal:
>
> >I think it should be:
> >srw-rw---- dovecot XXXX
> >XXXX being the group that exim user runs under.
>
> Or simple 666 rights, if one need access (auth) from multiple
> daemons. It depends, of course, on particular environment...
>
> regards

I solved this issue with running Exim with exim_user=mailnull, same to
dovecot also running as mailnull.
I said to myself, maulnull has no shell; Exim and Dovecot handle the same
email. What else can go wrong?
Exim gets compromised, Dovecot too suffers?? Let them suffer :-)

--
Best regards,
Odhiambo WASHINGTON,