Re: [exim] local delivery fails after server move

Author: Odhiambo Washington
To: exim-users
New-Topics: Re: [exim] solved - local delivery fails after server move
Subject: Re: [exim] local delivery fails after server move
On Thu, Dec 22, 2022 at 2:43 PM Gary Stainburn via Exim-users <
exim-users@???> wrote:

> Morning all.
>
> I have an EXIM setup on a Centos 7 server using basic setup and using
> /etc/alias. This is our live company server.
> I also have a personal Centos 7 / EXIM server where I host emails for a
> few charities using Postgresql.
>
> I have built a new company Centos 7 server / EXIM server using the Pgsql
> setup but the company user base.

[snip]

> Checked all files and permissions and all looks fine. However, local
> delivery is not even being attempted. I have included the routers and
> transports, as well as the output from a test run.
>
> It looks like the localuser isn't even being checked, as the debug_print
> doesn't appear.
>
> Am I missing something obvious?
>
> Output:
>
> [root@sftp ~]# exim -bt gary.stainburn@???
> R: pgsql alias gary.stainburn @ testserver.com
> R: pgsql alias gary @ sftp.testserver.com
> gary@sftp.testserver.com is undeliverable: Unrouteable address
>      <-- gary.stainburn@???
> [root@sftp ~]#

Try with debugging enabled:

exim -bt -d gary.stainburn@???

You will be able to see whether Exim is using the file you think it should
be using or another one.
You will also be able to see the routing information and why the router you
expect to be used is being skipped.

--
Best regards,
Odhiambo WASHINGTON,