Re: [exim] Weirdness when Exim calls SpamAssassin - how to d…

Author: Wolfgang Breyha
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Weirdness when Exim calls SpamAssassin - how to debug?
On 30/11/2022 00:39, Adam Nielsen via Exim-users wrote:
> Is there any sort of test mode I can use to see how exactly Exim is
> passing the message to SA so I can further debug the problem? I've had
> a look through the command line docs and I can only see test modes for
> virus scanners, but nothing stands out for the spam checker.

You can put
warn    control = no_mbox_unspool
at the beginning of your data ACL. See
https://www.exim.org/exim-html-current/doc/html/spec_html/ch-access_control_lists.html
chapter 22 for details.

Be warned! That keeps ALL .eml files in /var/spool/exim/scan until you
remove it again (ACL and files). This can be critical on high volume hosts
and a condition may help keeping things under control.

Then you can "feed" the exact same copy from the scan folder which exim
gave spamd again or use spamassassin -D to see what happens.

Be sure to use the same local user exim uses to "feed" spamd (spamc -u ...).

Greetings, Wolfgang
--
Wolfgang Breyha <wbreyha@???> | https://www.blafasel.at/
Vienna University Computer Center | Austria