Re: [exim] Exim MariaDB and SSL

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Jeremy Harris
To: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [exim] Exim MariaDB and SSL
On 01/11/2022 06:28, Brent Clark via Exim-users wrote:
> I would like to run exim to use MariaDB's inherent TLS / SSL functions.
>
> Is this possible with exim? I changed the '/etc/my.cnf' '[client]' section to define the key/cert/csa, and Dovecot picked it up great, but exim doesn't seem to.
>
> I checked the exim docs under MySQL and didn't see any reference to SSL. Is it not possible to use MySQL's native SSL support with exim?

https://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/8.0/en/option-files.html
says:

"Option File Syntax
opt_name=value

This is equivalent to --opt_name=value on the command line."

and
https://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/8.0/en/connection-options.html
says:

"Table 4.4 Connection-Encryption Option Summary".

IF MariaDB follows the same, you can configure for encrypted
connections in that option-file. The default "group" identifier
used by Exim is "exim" (I think you assumed "client" above) though
that is changeable in the Exim config.
--
Cheers,
Jeremy