Re: [exim] Exim MariaDB and SSL

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Odhiambo Washington
To: Brent Clark
CC: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [exim] Exim MariaDB and SSL
On Tue, Nov 1, 2022 at 9:39 AM Brent Clark via Exim-users <
exim-users@???> wrote:

> Good day Guys
>
> I would like to run exim to use MariaDB's inherent TLS / SSL functions.
>
> Is this possible with exim? I changed the '/etc/my.cnf' '[client]'
> section to define the key/cert/csa, and Dovecot picked it up great, but
> exim doesn't seem to.
>
> I checked the exim docs under MySQL and didn't see any reference to SSL.
> Is it not possible to use MySQL's native SSL support with exim?
>
> If anyone can please share their 'hide mysql_servers', it would be
> appreciated.
>
> Regards
> Brent Clark

According to the documentation, the options for Exim to connect to a MySQL
instance remain:
hide mysql_servers = <hostname>::<port>(<socket

Now unless you make a feature request to add the options to secure that
connection with SSL, I believe there is no such option at the moment.

--
Best regards,
Odhiambo WASHINGTON,