Re: [exim] Thread-Index header too long

Author: Jeremy Harris
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Thread-Index header too long
On 17/10/2022 22:58, Heiko Schlittermann via Exim-users wrote:
> how do you deal whith incoming messages having a Thread-Index header (an
> other header indicates that the originating MUA was MS Outlook 16.0)
> with about 1200 chars.

As a longterm goal in handling this and the References: header,
which can similarly grow, how about a bug just to document the
issue and relevant info such as the syntaxes of these headers?

There could be one already; I recall a discussion somewhere about
what to do with References: but not where it was. A useful
suggestion was of a Usenet practice of retaining the first element
and the last couple, on the assumption that later ones are appended
as the list grows.
--
Cheers,
Jeremy