Re: [exim] [mailop] T-Online is now really blocking messages…

Author: Markus Reschke
To: Lena--- via Exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] [mailop] T-Online is now really blocking messages from non-commercial and simliar senders
On Thu, 20 Oct 2022, Lena--- via Exim-users wrote:

Hi!

> Kai Siering wrote on [mailop]:
>
>> how about starting internal discussions within that community
>> to include a default rejection of any mail from @t-online.de
>> in Exim's default configuration?
>
>> As nearly no-one who is deploying Exim
>> (or Postfix, Sendmail for that matter)
>> will be able to *send* to @t-online.de due to their policy,
>> it is only logical to not *accept* any mail from them, too.
>
> I propose to include in default Exim config (in rcpt ACL)
> a code which checks whether the server is blocked by t-online.de:

Anyone running MTAs for a while should have come across multiple
organisations with restrictive MTA policies. It would be unreasonable to
add special ACLs for each of them by default, just for a personal
vendetta. For example, I had to unblock my MTAs at Deutsche Telekom,
web.de and Microsoft. Annoying, but it works.

ciao
  Markus
--
/ Markus Reschke              \