Re: [exim] Setting Exim to always remove DKIM signatures

Author: Andrew C Aitchison
To: exim-users, Johnnie W Adams
Subject: Re: [exim] Setting Exim to always remove DKIM signatures
On Thu, 29 Sep 2022, Johnnie W Adams via Exim-users wrote:

> Well, it's a moral victory. I did get the acl to do what I wanted and give
> me only the final DKIM signature. No go. Then I turned back on the LISTSERV
> DKIM service so I'd get a LISTSERV signature +followed+ by an SMTP
> signature. That fails, too. I'm beginning to think DMARC wants mailing list
> software to crawl off and die.

I don't know the details, but DKIM can be configured to sign that
there are multiple or zero instances of a header (so that if someone adds
that header later the recipient knows it isn't from you).

Do your messages to the list come through this process;
the exim list may have changed things again, but is it worth
looking at the DKIM headers in mail that we receive from you ?
As I received your message there were 3 DKIM-signature headers
     DKIM-Signature
     X-Google-DKIM-Signature
     X-Mailman-Original-DKIM-Signature

--
Andrew C. Aitchison                      Kendal, UK
                    andrew@???