Re: [exim] drop connection on auth failure

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Jeremy Harris
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: exim-users
Αντικείμενο: Re: [exim] drop connection on auth failure
On 16 July 2022 18:09:40 BST, Slavko via Exim-users <exim-users@???>
>>I'm doing plain and login.
>
>IMO that is perfect job vor event system, to emit auth:failed event.
>But whole event systems
>seems to be only about outgoing mails/connections.
>
>Beside the auth failed event, i miss acl and error related events, eg,
>acl:reject,
>acl:drop, acl:etc, or even more detailed, eg. acl:reject:stage (with
>log_message
>in event_data variable), Ideally with connection/TLS error events, eg.
>conn:nomail, conn:syntaxerr, etc, again with particular error in
>event_data.

Events are pretty easy to add:
- decide one is wanted
- decide what data to provide it
- find the code location
- add (probably) one line

This one seems reasonable. I'm less sure about some of your other suggestions - for example on acl reject?
You're already in an acl; why use an event to get into another?
--
Cheers,
Jeremy