Re: [exim] Blocking a Class C

Author: R M Crorie
To: Exim Users List
Subject: Re: [exim] Blocking a Class C
Me: *"These work in the same way as a DNS reverse look-up but instead of
returning a domain name, the result is a value depending on whether or
not that particular DNSBL is listing the originating IP address as a
suspected source of spam."*

Time I was in bed, asleep... it's not like an rDNS look-up at all...
more like a DNS look-up, but the advice is still good...

And don't block the whole /24 unless you're absolutely certain that you
don't want to accept mail from *any* IP address in that sub-net, e.g.
because of the country of origin.

On 06/06/2022 23:18, The Doctor via Exim-users wrote:
> Just going over my spam and I find this IP 195.133.39.99
>
> sending a lot of junk. How can you block such a class C?

footer