Re: [exim] Blocking a Class C

Author: R M Crorie
To: Exim Users List
Subject: Re: [exim] Blocking a Class C
It's best to use DNSBL /(DNS Block Lists)/ for this, because then you
don't need to update these yourself: e.g. that particular IP address is
already listed on all three block lists at uceprotect.net.  These work
in the same way as a DNS reverse look-up but instead of returning a
domain name, the result is a value depending on whether or not that
particular DNSBL is listing the originating IP address as a suspected
source of spam.

Use the following in your exim.conf, in the acl_check_rcpt section:

deny    message       = GOODBYE!!! $sender_host_address is in a black
list at $dnslist_domain\n$dnslist_text
        dnslists      = dnsbl-1.uceprotect.net : dnsbl-2.uceprotect.net
: dnsbl-3.uceprotect.net

I also use other DNSBLs, just add the ones you want to use to the
dnslists entry.

--
footer