[exim] configure exim4 against incoming rogue local parts

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Alessandro
A: exim-users
Asunto: [exim] configure exim4 against incoming rogue local parts
Hello,

sorry for my bad English.

I installed exim4 4.94.2 on a debian 11.3 machine. I configured it using exim4-config as straight smtp mta. I have just declared a few macros on the exim4.conf.localmacros, so basically I'm using the default configuration created by exim4-config. I've been trying to understand the acl_check_rcpt acl, specifically the part that should be "guarding against incoming rogue local parts"

.ifdef CHECK_RCPT_LOCAL_LOCALPARTS
deny
domains = +local_domains
local_parts = CHECK_RCPT_LOCAL_LOCALPARTS
message = restricted characters in address
.endif

.ifdef CHECK_RCPT_REMOTE_LOCALPARTS
deny
domains = !+local_domains
local_parts = CHECK_RCPT_REMOTE_LOCALPARTS
message = restricted characters in address
.endif

The problem is that it's not working and I don't understand why. I even tried to start exim4 in debugging mode, but honestly I didn't find any clue about it. I'm not an expert at all, as you can tell. Could you give me any hints in order to better understand what's going on please?

I have attached all main config files. I think I should have asked this question to the maillist specific to exim4, but without disrespect intended, I think that maillist is kinda broken.

Best regards

Ale