Re: [exim] $domain_data not populated, caching problem?

Author: Jeremy Harris
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] $domain_data not populated, caching problem?
On 09/04/2022 22:14, Jesse Hathaway via Exim-users wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 9, 2022 at 8:03 AM Jeremy Harris via Exim-users
> <exim-users@???> wrote:
>> On thinking more - it's far more likely that the
>> lookup never returned any data (so that's what was cached).
>
> hmm, I'm a bit confused, I thought it wouldn't proceed down the router
> if there was not a match
> for domains?

That's correct, but not relevant to $domain_data.

The "domains=" condition is satisfied if the lookup succeeds;
and that essentially means "was the lookup key found".

What goes into $domain_data (for a matching key) is
the *data* for that key. So, what is the actual definition
of your "local_domains" domainlist? If it is doing a lookup
in a file, what sort of lookup, and what is the line you expect
to match?

Also, the domains did match as seen in the below debug output:

> 233304 data from lookup saved for cache for +local_domains: key
> 'wikimedia.org' value ''

See that "value" there?
It's empty. I'm betting it was empty when the cache entry
was created, because the value from the original lookup
was empty - probably because your file has no value next
to the key (but here I'm guessing what sort of lookup
local_domains does.

--
Cheers,
Jeremy