Re: [exim] stuck exim processes

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Jeremy Harris
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: exim-users
Αντικείμενο: Re: [exim] stuck exim processes
On 24/03/2022 15:35, Patrik Peng via Exim-users wrote:
> On 22.03.22 17:25, Jeremy Harris via Exim-users wrote:
>> Try pulling in commit d2f99aad04, which was made
>> following similar issues (since 4.95).
> Still experiencing segfaults,

I take it that this is after doing the above?
So we move forward one step at a time...

> but this time a core file is generated when running the debug build and the stack trace is different:
>
> #0  strlen (str=0x0) at /usr/src/lib/libc/string/strlen.c:101
> #1  0x0000000000340a7c in string_cat (string=0x8013dbed8, s=0x0) at string.c:1189

The s=0 is what killed us, obviously.

Was this for a freshly received message, or one that was in your
spool from the previous build?

Do you know what the local_part was, when it was received by Exim?

If the message is still in your spool (or if you have a similar one)
please locate the -H file for the message-id in your spool directory
and grab
a) the next line after one that contains only "XX".  This should be the recipient.
b) A little below that, from the Received: header, the "for" element.  With luck
    that will be the originally-received recipient
--
Cheers,
   Jeremy